How to Spring Clean and Re-Create Your Home in 4 Easy Steps
by Vanessa Stewart
I don’t know about you, but every year as the flowers begin to bloom and the sun warms the cushions on my favorite deck chair, I get a great big urge to purge, clean, repair, plant and re-do things around my house and my gardens! Well that time is here! I’ve started my list and wanted to share my process with you and invite you to join me for a bit of a “Spring Home Makeover”. Whether you have a little or a lot to do, this can be a very helpful and rewarding process. READY? Let’s begin …
Feel, Observe, Think, Write
1) Starting at the front door: Stand at the outside of your front door, take a few moments, how does it look and feel, is there anything that needs done to make it better? Maybe wash the windows, add some plants, or even paint the door a bright new color. Or maybe it’s already perfect, just the way it is! Great, just jot down the things you want to work on.
2) Now open the door and walk in like you’ve never been there before… What do you see? Just look around and notice how things look and feel to you. Is there room for improvement? If so jot those things down that you’d like to make changes on.
3) Continue this as you walk into each and every room of your home. You’ll find in some areas there is very little if anything to do, while in others there may be a bit more. Here are a few questions that I’m asking myself as I go through each space:
- What do I see that I love?
- What do I see that I need?
- What do I see that I use?
- What do I see that makes me feel good? Inspired? Energized? Loved?
- Is there anything else I need or want to add to this space?
- Is there anything else that I see that does not meet these criteria?
If so, it just might be time to Clear out some “clutter” and make more space for what you do want. List the areas that need attention, it may be clearing clutter, organizing, cleaning, painting, decorating, repairs, adding art, plants etc.
On my list I have a bit of each. I want to change paint colors in 2 rooms, do a few up dates in electrical, replace a bathroom sink, rearrange some furniture, change some artwork, re-organize a few closets and purge some books!
4) Pick your TOP 3 Priorities & start there! As I finish one, I’ll add another until I get through my list! It may take a couple of weeks or a couple of months; it really doesn’t matter, because in the end I will have created a more wonderful, beautiful, supportive home. Life can be busy, exciting, hectic and challenging. Wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a place that would support you & your family as well as offer beauty, comfort, peace, nurturing and calm?
YES! Yes it is!
Have you checked out our Be Clean program yet? It’s a great program designed to help you do just that! Love where you live! We’re here to help you create your most inspiring home that meets your needs!
Meet Vanessa Stewart
Vanessa is an experienced Feng Shui Consultant and advisor offering classes, workshops and consultations in Washington State and across the U.S. and Canada. Additionally, she is Director of the Seattle division of the Feng Shui Academé, founded to provide quality education to the public.
Vanessa is also a certified professional organizer with Clear & SIMPLE™ Professional Organizers, and has more than 18 years of clutter busting, abundance-boosting experience. Vanessa specializes in helping people clear the excess clutter out of their living and working environments. She loves assisting people in making their homes more beautiful and supportive of their individual needs. Above all Vanessa believes that you can make the de-cluttering process Fun & Easy! She has more spunk, spark and pep than you would expect from such an organized lady.
Tags: clean living space, Feng Shui, how to declutter your home, organizing your home, spring cleaning, Vanessa Stewart
Posted in Tera's Tid Bits | 1 Comment »