A Simple Beauty Ritual for Longevity & Glowing Skin
By Eliza Ceci
Since our skin is the largest organ in our body it makes perfect sense to take extra, loving care of her! One beautiful way to do this is to practice a daily, warm sesame oil self massage. This Ayurvedic tradition has been practiced for thousands of years and for good reason.
Also referred to as Abhyanga when practiced routinely has many benefits:
- Produces softness, strength and color to the body
- Decreases the effects of aging
- Can enhance or promote good vision
- Nourishes the body
- Increases longevity
- Improves skin tone & texture
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body, including circulation
When applied to the scalp benefits include:
- Less facial wrinkles
- Hair can grow thick and glossy
The effects of this self massage are close to the same benefits of loving touch!
As humans we desire touch and love in order to thrive and live full healthy and vibrant lives. It is amazing that this warm oil massage – an act of self-love, gives the fabulous benefits of loving touch. It apparently does not matter whether the love is from another, or lovingly given by our own hand – love is love and our bodies need this much needed ‘nutrient’ to not only survive but to thrive!
Simple Warm Sesame Oil Self Massage:
- Put some sesame oil in small squeeze bottle. Simply fill your bathroom sink with warm water and plug the drain. Place the bottle of oil in the sink until the oil is warm to touch making sure it isn’t hot!
- Apply the oil to your entire body. Massaging the oil in gently with love and attention- start at the feet and work your way up to your arms, chest and neck. If you have ever done dry brushing apply the oil in the same way you would dry brush – long strokes on limbs and circular movements around joints like elbows and knees.
- Next take your bath or shower as you normally would. When finished pat dry and put on a pair of organic cotton socks to keep in the extra moisturizing effects.
Done! You should feel beautiful, pampered and ready to have an amazing day!
If you can take 15 minutes out of your morning at least two times per week, this beautiful act of self love will compliment not only the look and feel of your skin but the way you feel about yourself inside. It feels wonderful to take time for ourselves in such a loving, special way!
Tags: Abhyanga, Abhyanga massage, ayurvedic beauty, ayurvedic massage, beauty ritual, self massage
Posted in Health & Beauty | 7 Comments »