Oh the humble carrot.
A veggie that as a child one is usually not such a fan of. I know I wasn’t. But then mum always cooked them.
Give me a RAW carrot – I’ll take the whole bag thanks!
Carrots Pack A Punch!
These babies are so full of goodness; and the 3 most important ones being:
- alpha carotene
- and phyto-chemicals
Beta-carotene is an anti-oxidant that gets converted into vitamin A once inside the body, and then it starts doing magical things; I’ll touch on more shortly.
Alpha-carotene (another carotenoid) helps in inhibiting processes that may lead to tumor growth.
And phyto-chemicals help keep you beautiful by hindering the aging process, and also contain antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Carrots For Eczema?
Back to Vitamin A – this pocket-rocket assists the liver in flushing toxins out of your body.
And a toxic overload inside will lead to a toxic overload outside.
I’m talking about not-so-pretty-skin.
Like eczema. Do you know anyone with eczema? Carrots and carrot juice do wonders for anyone suffering from eczema.
Why? Because of the Vitamin A.
It’s flushing out those nasty toxins
It is also essential for the maintenance and healing of your skin – well your epithelial tissues to be precise – and your skin is the biggest area of epithelial tissue you’ve got!
But if you want to try something really cool:
- Grate a few carrots and apply them to the affected area of skin.
- Leave it for 10-20minutes, then wash it off.
Health Benefits of Carrots
As carrots are so good at cleansing from the inside out, can you imagine what these beauties are doing for the rest of our system as a result?
- They’re helping to strengthen your immune system.
- They keep your skin, lungs and intestinal tract in order, and promote healthy cell growth.
- The anti-oxidants and phyto-chemicals protect, nourish and moisturize your skin so you sparkle all day long.
And on top of all that, they’ll make you smile and keep that spring in your step!
So eat up!
Or drink up!
Whichever you prefer 😉
Do you need anymore reasons to start getting these babies into your system? Vitamins, healthy skin, immunity… I’m itching for a juice right now!
Need inspiration for Juices and Milks?
- How to replace dairy and soy milk with easy, refreshing nut milk recipes.
- The beneficial properties of the most common fruits and veggies.
- The basic things you need to know when buying a juicer.
- How to feel healthier, more hydrated and refreshed!
- How to nourish your cells with healthy, nutritionally-packed recipes!
Tags: carrots for beauty, carrots for eczema, health benefits of carrots, natural eczema remedies, nutritional benefits of carrots, raw beauty
Posted in Health & Beauty | 8 Comments »