You may very well be one of the one-in-every-three-people who suffers from eczema, and probably has done since childhood.
It’s likely then, that you’re familiar with the symptoms of eczema, notably and irritatingly the hallmark itching and scratching that can literally drive you up the wall only to send you crashing with the ensuing red, raw, weeping and flaked skin!
Do not despair! Raw food to the rescue!
What are the Causes of Eczema?
Eczema is mostly caused by an inherited atopic disposition (atopy = asthma, hayfever and eczema), therefore it cannot be “cured” but it can be controlled, reversed and relieved with the most natural of remedies: food!
Natural Remedies for Eczema
An imbalance in good to bad bacteria or a “leaky gut” contribute to the symptoms of eczema, thus we aim to heal and seal our Gastro-Intestinal Tracts with food that is abundant in compounds that assist with:
- tissue repair
- promote beneficial bacteria
Therapeutic Foods for Eczema
- Bitter greens and herbal bitters
- Brassicas (cabbage family)
Bitter greens and herbal bitters
- They stimulate digestive secretions to assist with digestion and support the liver
- Optimal digestion allows maximum nutrient uptake and reduced risk of allergy
- Source of Vitamin A which assists in the healing of the gut and skin tissue
- dandelion greens
- mustard and turnip greens
- swiss chard
How to eat them?
- pulsed into pesto!
- Or juice… beet greens or kale to your regular juice for a splash of super green goodness.
Brassicas (cabbage family)
- Promote healing of the gut tissue
- They are sulphur-rich
- They assists the liver’s detoxification pathways
- They are a source of fibre to feed good bacteria
- brussels sprouts
How to eat them?
- finely shaved into salads
- “green smoothied”
- lightly steamed
Heal your Eczema with Raw Foods
You’ve probably been living with eczema for most of your life and have tried numerous approaches to heal it.
Look inward: support your digestive system in it’s vital role of metabolising, delivering nutrients and eliminating wastes and before too long you will see the difference in your skin…and so will others!
Tags: causes of eczema, eczema, eczema symptoms, eczema treatment, natural remedies for eczema, remedies for eczema
Posted in Health & Beauty | 1 Comment »